About Me

My photo
We are a brand new family - Our Twins were born March 15, 2011. Becoming parents has changed our lives! We are loving every second! We are living, loving & learning with every diaper change! And believe me we have learned A LOT! We are excited to see what the future holds for the 4Miles'

Thursday, June 2, 2011

What we've been up to...

Yesterday was D-Day for the babies...you guessed it their 2 month pediatrician appt. which means SHOTS - I have heard people say over and over again that the shots were WORSE on the parents then the kids...I think we all 4 had a rough time with it...I had to terrible job of holding Layla's poor little legs I did great and so did she until I saw the blood squirting out of her thigh...I wanted to say what the heck woman - could you hurt my little girl any more gheeeesh!  


These are the BEFORE shot pictures...Needless to say we were a little upset afterwards that I didnt bother with AFTER pics ;(   



(Layla waiting ....)


All in all they cried a little bit and I cried a little more...but babies were fussy most of the evening.  Although for the 4th night in a row they both have slept from 10pm-630am...This momma is sleeping again!! YEAH! I never thought I would be HAPPY to wake up at 630 but boy am I ever...I can feed them and put them back in their cribs for another hour or so - 


They are up more during the day which translates into me getting very little accomplished.  I have quickly realized they grow up sooooo fast and I will miss out on the little things if I dont slow down to hang out and play with J & L.


That is exactly what I plan to do this summer! Enjoy the HOT weather~

3 comments:

  1. i agree, shots are the worst!! have you ever tried giving them a little bit of tylenol before theirs shots? i always did that with stella and it worked out great. never ran a fever and was hardly fussy afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how you did it! I would have been a mess! But your a great mom so I know you did great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Cassie-We didn't think to give them tylenol before hand ...(wish we would have) but we DEFINITELY will do at the next appt.

    @Kacie-it was BRUTAL! I held Layla and Stephen held Jax - I hate hearing them cry...especially when there is NOTHING I could do about ;( When you have babies I'll take them to the dr. so you dont have to witness that.....(Of course we might need to have another 'OC' conversation ;)

    ReplyDelete