About Me

My photo
We are a brand new family - Our Twins were born March 15, 2011. Becoming parents has changed our lives! We are loving every second! We are living, loving & learning with every diaper change! And believe me we have learned A LOT! We are excited to see what the future holds for the 4Miles'

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Vacation Continued!

We have been swimming, eating, tanning and shopping the last few days!  The babies are continuing to love their first trip to the beach - Which makes me one happy momma!!

Here are a few pics of the trip so far - 









Yesterday we had a pretty lazy morning/afternoon - We decided to keep the babies inside for the majority of the afternoon.  Stephens cousin Ben & Jessie came over from their vacation in Gulf Shores to visit with us and go for a swim with the babies!!





After supper we headed out to Destin Commons yet another shopping mall ;)  Stephen wanted to hit up Bass Pro Shop - 

Another good night for J & L as they were in bed around 10 and woke around 7:30am!

On the way down to Destin I got a text message from Nicolette Kordys telling me about a amazing Beach Themed Art Project - She found it on Tori Spellings Twitter acct. 

It was a perfect way to capture J & L's first footprints in the sand!!  We didn't do it directly at the beach because I didn't want to wait an hour for the prints to dry - We brought sand in buckets up to the condo and did the little project out on the balcony.  

We wet sand a little bit - smooched their little pigglets in the sand and filled it with the cement from an "at home stepping stone kit" 
I wanted to be like Tori and have the option to hang the foot/hand prints on the wall above their cribs so we took stirng ....Well I didn't have actual string but I did have 2 shirts that had those annoying strings in them for hanger purposes...Who really uses them anyway SO I cut them out and set them in the heel of the footprint!  

Here are a few pictures of the process.  We started with feet and will do hands later on this evening!..... Tell me what you think!

 And it begins - Layla hates stuff in between his toes it was sooo funny!

 Layla's feet

 Jaxons feet
 Stepping stone I made with shells!
Waiting for them to dry!

Well I'm headed out to the pool! Will post more later!!

1 comment:

  1. Cute way to get the babies' footprints. It looks like everyone is having a great time.

    ReplyDelete