About Me

My photo
We are a brand new family - Our Twins were born March 15, 2011. Becoming parents has changed our lives! We are loving every second! We are living, loving & learning with every diaper change! And believe me we have learned A LOT! We are excited to see what the future holds for the 4Miles'

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Jaxon and Layla's Half Birthday!

The Babies are 6 months old today - It is crazy how time has flown by...As I sit here and think about the last 6 Crazy months I have mixed emotions...Some sad because my little bitty 6lb4oz & 5lb7oz. babies are getting bigger by the second...but Im also so excited to see them learn and do more things...I do believe crawling is on the horizon! 

 Everyone says "Oh my you have twins - that must be so hard"..."Glad its you not me" or "Wow you've got your hands full!"....I think the best yet was last weekend we were trying out our new side-by-side double stroller at the mall - as we walked in the mall a man, woman, and their baby passed us walking to their car.  Without speaking to us the man looked at us, the stroller and then his wife and made a cutting motion at his neck and said loud enough for us to hear ..."THANK GOD THAT DIDN"T HAPPEN TO US - ONE IS ENOUGH!"

Stephen and I laughed a bit and carried on...but thinking back on that guys comment...I thank God everyday it DID happen to us.  Sure being new parents to one kid is rough..and maybe having 2 at once can be difficult, but I wouldn't change a thing...Even the past few nights when they BOTH are teething, BOTH have colds, and BOTH are up every few hours.  All i need in the morning is a smile from both of them and I'm set for the day -

As far as things being hard - I think the hardest part of having twins would be treating them separately.  Sure we feed them sometimes on separate schedules, change them when each need to be changed, but It is sooo hard for me to not call them "The Twins" or even when I go somewhere and people ask "How are those babies"  My response is "THEY ARE GROWING"...........Nothing to personal and I hate that - I often feel they get somewhat the short end of the stick, compared to a single baby...You ask a mom of one newborn she will most likely rattle off latest dr. stats, latest growth developments and anything else they can throw at you in about a 1 min. time frame...With J&L I throw them in the same category simply because people generally do not have 5 min. for me to dig out of my purse their growth developments, percentiles, weight height and so on and so forth....

I am going to try better I promise!!

We go on 9/26 for their 6 month Dr. Visit so I will rattle their stats with the best of them!

Everyone that I talked to before I had J&L told me they will be 1 before you know it...I didn't think that was possible and definitely thought I would be so ready for them to grow up - WRONG!  There is something I love about holding them at night knowing they are falling asleep, watching them interact with each other, learning new things, and especially finding their voice - I left Jaxon this afternoon after lunch and he was talking gibberish to a toy phone Jo had bought him for his baptism.  I really think Jax thought he was on speaker phone.  Hahahaha

Everyday that passes is a day closer to them becoming older, (because I'm a planner) I've always picked out the date and location for their 1st Bday party.   Thinking about that day makes me excited to learn how they will act, what they will say and how their personalities will develop by March 15 - Dont worry Im working on a theme ;)


Well before I get to sappy about Jaxon & Layla growing up - I better get going - the weather is Beautiful outside I'm headed out to enjoy it!

Layla was LOVING her sweet potatoes and corn last night - So much she couldn't keep her hands from dipping into the container...Crazy girl!!


How could someone not fall in love with this face!  I had just told him Daddy was on his way home and he squealed out loud and made this face! So sweet!!

2 comments:

  1. This was such a great post! Happy half birthday!! I text ya this morning. Layla's hair is so darn cute and Jaxon's smile melts my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a sweet post!! even though i have never seen you in action with these babies, from your posts and pictures you are an awesome mommy. keep up the great work. j&l are VERY fortunate to have you!!

    ReplyDelete